The Factoring Broker Forums are an IACFB Bulletin Board where all IACFB Professional Members, Program Members, and Registered Guest can network with other brokers, consultants, and industry lenders. Although the forums are private (members only), IACFB Registered Guests can also join in as registration for the forums is completely free. The registration requirement simply eliminates internet trolls and spam content.
How to Get Access to the Factoring Broker Forums and Learning Lab
To gain access to the forums, you simply need to register as a broker (or future broker) by filling out the IACFB’s Registration Form. The form is available as a popup here on the Magazine website but is also accessible from any page on IACFB’s public website at www.iacfb.org. Those that have purchased the IACFB’s Factoring 101 Broker Training Guide for Amazon.com, will be set up with forums access when they submit their Learning Lab Permissions Form. (see page 198 of the Factoring 101 Training Guide)
Once you register, you will have access to the forums within 24 hours. Make certain when you register, you use your full first and last name. Your full name is required to set up your credentials on the forums. When initially set up, your forum login credentials will be:
- USERNAME: Your first and last name with a space between and with both names capitalized. (ex. John Smith)
- PASSWORD: Your password will be your 5-digit Zip Code that you supply on the registration form
Once you successfully log in to the forums the first time, you should access your USER PROFILE and reset your password. You will also be able to upload a picture of yourself (avatar) as most members do and complete your personal information section.
Learning to Use the Factoring Broker Forums
The forums are a standard Xenforo bulletin board which is very easy to navigate and you will be able to post new threads and add comments to existing threads almost immediately. It is essential that you learn to use the forums as they also act as a “Gateway System” to the various IACFB training and support areas such as the Learning Lab, Annex, and Factoring 101 Marketing Support which are available to IACFB’s Program Members.
Asking Questions and Networking on the Forums
The forums naturally act as a place for networking with others in the industry and they are the perfect place to ask questions about financing, marketing, startup, and more. The Factoring Broker Forums supplement and support the Commercial Finance Consultant Magazine and provide a great area where you can ask questions regarding the many articles found here in the magazine.
The Gateway System: Accessing the Learning Lab and Broker Training and Support
In addition to it’s primary function as a place for networking between members, the forums also act as a “Gateway System” which is used to grant access to the many IACFB factoring broker support and training areas. Which “gateways” members have access to are based on “permissions”. All IACFB Professional Members have access to both the Learning Lab and ANNEX Marketing Aids / Support areas, and Lenders Directories. Factoring 101 Freelance Members with Business-in-a-Box will have Campus access.
To be able to view and have access to “gateway” features, you must be an IACFB Professional Member and/a particular program subscriber. (See IACFB Programs) Registered Guests DO NOT have permissions for access and the “gateways” WILL NOT be visible to them from the Sub-Forums Drop Down Menu.
Requesting Access to the Learning Lab (Amazon Buyers)
If you are a recent Amazon.com buyer of the IACFB’s Factoring 101 Broker’s Guide to Factoring, you can request a permissions upgrade and access to the Learning Lab by visiting www.iacfb.org/LabAccess.html. Complete instructions and your password details are on page 198 of your Factoring 101 Training Guide.
How to Access the Forum Gateways, Learning Lab, and Training Areas
Once your permissions are updated, access your permissible gateways is very easy. After logging into the Factoring Broker Forums…
- Navigate to the first forum listed which is simply entitled “Gateways”
- Directly below you will see (in slightly smaller font) a drop down menu entitled “Sub-Forums”
- Click on the Sub-Forums menu to view a list of IACFB training and support areas you have permissions to view
- Click on any listing visible to you to view that particular training or support area
List of Training and Support Area Gateways
The following is a complete list of current training and support area gateways. Gateways visible to you will be based on your “permissions” and various program memberships.
- LEARNING LAB and ANNEX GATEWAY: Permissions are granted to all IACFB Professional Members and purchasers of the Factoring 101 Training Guide.
- LENDERS DIRECTORIES GATEWAY: The lenders directories house links to approximately 500 factors and alternative commercial finance lenders. This area is very important as an initial training area for those new to the industry and also as a searchable source of finance providers as brokers begin to land their first deals. Permissions granted to IACFB Professional Members and IACFB approved lenders.
- CAMPUS GATEWAY: The continuing education and advanced training areas for commercial finance consultants and part of Factoring 101 Business-in-a-Box.
- LENDER SUPPORT GATEWAY: This is a gateway to a support area for IACFB approved lenders.
Want to Comment on This Article?
If you have questions or comments regarding this article, post them in the Commercial Finance Consultants Magazine “Comments Section” on the Factoring Broker Forums. If you are not yet a Forum’s Community Member, you can join the community by simply registering at the IACFB’s public website at www.iacfb.org.